Habitat for Humanity - Tutwiler
Build homes for families in need in Tutwiler, Mississippi
Habitat for Humanity in Tutwiler, Mississippi transforms lives and communities by bringing people together to build, renovate, and repair affordable homes for families in need. Each year a group of teens from LCPC go to Tutwiler, Mississippi to work with Habitat for Humanity to help build houses. This is just one of the ways LCPC is investing in the lives of our youth and others around the world.
This is how you can pray for us:
- For our brothers and sisters living in the houses we have built in Tutwiler: May they continue in their journey toward stability with the blessing of a house. May they stay healthy and safe in the midst of this pandemic.
- Prayers of gratitude for our brother Sykes, who helps house us and helps us get materials each year.
- Prayers of gratitude for our brother JD, who helps us lay the slab each year for a new home for someone in need.
- Prayers for our leaders, specifically Bob McGlashan. May we always be thankful for his passion for this project.
- Prayers for our students: that God calls the students to serve on this trip. May they learn and be blessed by the way they are a blessing to the community.
Interested in getting your student involved? We take 9-12 graders on this trip every October, and we have 2 houses left. Email our High School Director, Anna, firstname.lastname@example.org for information on this year’s trip.