Hope Gardens/Union Rescue Mission
Home Gardens / Union Rescue Mission
Help homeless men, women and children rebuild their lives
Homelessness in LA Panel with Megan Katerjian (Door of Hope), Andy Bales (Union Rescue Mission), and Shawn Morrissey (Union Station Homeless Services): Sunday, April 18, 7pm
You missed the live panel but you can still watch the recording here: Homelessness in LA Panel.
Union Rescue Mission (URM) is one of the largest missions of its kind in America — bringing help and hope to men, women, and children experiencing homelessness in Downtown Los Angeles. URM’s Hope Gardens Family Center, an oasis of hope in the foothills of Sylmar, offers mothers and children experiencing homelessness the safety, counseling, training, encouragement, and real help they need to get back on their feet and transition to independence.
Learn more at www.urm.org/services/hope-gardens.
This is how you can pray for us:
- Pray for the moms and children experiencing homeless.
- Pray for open doors for affordable permanent housing for our guest who are getting ready to transition from HG.
- Pray that each of our guests encounter God in a special way.
- Many of the guest have experienced various traumas in life, pray for their inner healing a complete restoration.
- Pray for HG staff who are on the front lines daily working with our guests.
- Pray against outside destructions from the world that can hinder our guest transformation process.
Commit to pray for Hope Gardens and Union Rescue Mission
Current volunteer opportunities:
Hope Gardens Sylmar - Meal Service
Breakfast: 6:00 am - 9:00 am
Lunch: 10:30 am - 2:00 pm
Dinner: 3:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Child-care (Infant - Pre-School)*
Monday - Thursday
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Distance Learning Support*
Monday - Thursday
9:00 am to 12:00 pm.
*All volunteers who work with minors need to go through screening, Megan's Law & Background Check.
At this time, all volunteers are required to submit a negative Covid-test two days prior to their scheduled service time. These results are valid for 14 days. If a volunteer has submitted proof of vaccination, the results are valid for 30 days.
Please email Shirley Rayburn - firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Find out more ways to get involved here: www.urm.org/volunteer.