Mentor children and youth in Pasadena
Stars is a community that affirms, equips and emboldens young people to pursue a life of purpose, service and meaning. Stars offers after school programs, mentoring, college support, summer enrichments, and food distribution, emphasizing the importance of building relationships with positive adult role models.
Learn more at www.gostars.org.
This is how you can pray for us:
- for the physical, mental, and spiritual health of staff, volunteers, students and their families
- employment and financial stability for Stars families
- smooth transition for students and teachers to on campus learning at Pasadena Unified
- that summer programs will help students catch up in their learning, feel supported and encouraged, and feel more academically and emotionally prepared for school in the fall.
Commit to pray for Stars After School and Tutoring
- Become a mentor- walk alongside a student for an average of 8 hours per month for at least one year. We offer mentor training, coaching, and ideas for what to do with your mentee, focusing on developing assets that will help the mentee to develop into a thriving adult.
- Help with food distribution - a couple more heavy lifters are needed on Tuesday mornings, 9-11am, to help unload food from the delivery van and sort and pack it.